Galois Capital has moved to close down its hedge fund operations following a $40 million loss ensuing from the FTX collapse, in keeping with the Monetary Instances (FT).
The U.S.-based hedge fund managed about $200 million in property on behalf of its shoppers. Following the FTX collapse, Galois Capital co-founder Kevin Zhou disclosed that the fund had as much as $40 million trapped on FTX.
Nevertheless, in a letter made obtainable to FT, Zhou mentioned:
“Given the severity of the FTX state of affairs, we don’t assume it’s tenable to proceed working the fund each financially and culturally.”
Zhou added that the hedge fund would promote its declare on FTX because the chapter proceedings can last as long as a decade.
Following his announcement, Galois Capital has reportedly bought its claims for roughly 16 cents on the greenback.
Moreover, Galois Capital shoppers will obtain as much as 90% of the funds not trapped on FTX, whereas the remaining 10% might be withheld till the hedge fund’s auditing course of is finalized.
The submit Galois Capital shuts down in aftermath of FTX collapse appeared first on CryptoSlate.